Here’s our last QuickBooks Online update of the year. Thanks, as always, for your feedback and Happy Holidays!
- Show/hide the attachments2 column in the register. Home page > Registers > table gear > Attachments.
- Add attachments in the register. Once you turn on the attachments column (see above), click a transaction and then click Add Attachment.
Bank feed improvements
- Edit the check number field in bank feeds. Left nav > Transactions > Banking > table gear > Check no. Then when you click a transaction, you can change the check number.
Inventory tracking3 improvements
- Easily see the quantity available as you’re entering sales forms. For example, let’s say you’re creating an invoice; go to Create (+) Invoice. When you enter an inventory item in the Product/Service field and then tab to or click the Qty field, a tooltip appears with the quantity available, for example “Available: 2” or “Out of stock.”
- In case you missed it, learn how to use the new registers.
- In case you missed it, here’s more about attachments.
- Inventory tracking is available in QuickBooks Online Plus only, and requires this setting turned on: Gear > Company Settings > Sales > Products and services > Track quantity on hand.
- In case you missed it, here are two QuickBooks Labs experiments to check out: improved reports and vendor list split view.
- To try updates using sample data, check out the QuickBooks Online test drive.
- Missed any recent QuickBooks Online updates? See our updates archive.
Report an issue or suggestion
Leave feedback by clicking the Gear icon in QuickBooks, and then click Feedback. This is the official way to get your ideas recorded and worked on! Learn more
Get technical support
While we would love to answer all your questions, the blog isn’t managed by customer care staff (only a lone blogger). Your fastest options to get technical support are listed on our Links page, under “Get help and give feedback.”